In June Becky and I celebrated our 10th anniversary by spending five days in New York without our kids. We visited Niagara Falls and the Church sites in Palmyra. Included here are a few photos from our trip. To see some additional photos click on the following link: http://outtasiteandersons.shutterfly.com/activityfeed/628
First, a shot of Becky and I at Niagara Falls. I've always wanted to see this since watching the movie "Superman" as a kid. We rode the Lady of the Midst, and were able to get right next to the falls. This was a real treat.
After Niagara Falls, we stayed in a Bed and Breakfast in Palmyra. We spent the next few days visiting the Joseph Smith Farm, the Sacred Grove, the Hill Cumorah, the Peter Whitmer Farm, the Grandin Building (where the Book of Mormon was first published), Martin Harris's farm, the Palmyra Temple, and Alvin Smith's grave. Below are a few pictures from these locations.
We truly enjoyed ourselves, and the visits to the church sites strengthened our testimony of the restoration of Christ's church. The Spirit was present at each location. The only regret is that Becky and I have waiting this long to take a trip like this! We certainly won't make that mistake again.
No comments:
Post a Comment