March 14, 2012

MARCH BUNCO RECIPES

SPINACH SALAD
2 bunchs of baby spinach
1/2 lb. grated swiss cheese
1/2 c. cottage cheese
12 strips bacon (crumbled)
1 purple onion
craisins

DRESSING

1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. vinegar
1 c. oil
1 T. poppyseeds
1/2 T. grated purple onion (grated from the salad onion)
1 t. salt
1 t. mustard
1/2 lb. mushrooms (sliced and cut in half)

mix well and add mushrooms. Let set for a few hours. Add everything right before serving so that it doesn't go soggy and mix.

TURKEY SANDWICHES

2 frozen turkey breasts-frozen (about 14 lbs.)
1 1/2 c. soy sauce
1/4 c. oil
3 c. sprite

Pour sauce over meat. Cover and bake at 300 degrees for 7 hours, basting every hour with juices from pan. I've never basted mine that many times I only baste once or twice maybe. Cool just enough to handle. Shred meat. Strain the juice and place the shredded meat back into juice. Serve warm on hard rolls. Freezes very well.
Helpful Hint: Remember to pull out the gravy packs.

Orzo Salad

coming soon...as soon as I can get it from my mom.

No comments: